Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sunday Lunch with Cheryl - Sunday 1st July 2012

Fab Sunday spent with the lovely Cheryl Cohen @queenofmarkets , the face of London Farmer's Markets . We were supposed to have been collecting wild cherries, and making sundry things with them. But the pigeons (or other people) had got there first, so we only came home with a small bunch of late elderflowers.

Cheryl made a gorgeous lunch, a Roast chicken and torn bread salad I had been eyeing up in Skye Gyngell's A Year in My Kitchen, and which was amazingly good.



With some fabulous tomatoes from one of her markets,





homemade elderflower cordial with borage flower icecubes.



And frozen yoghurt with raisins soaked in Pedro Ximenez sherry, and homemade almond shortbread biscuits.


I was so bowled over by all the trouble Cheryl went to. A stunningly beautiful and delicious lunch, and I enjoyed every single mouthful.

Thank you again Cheryl :)

Roast Chicken & torn bread salad, with sour cherries and roasted red onions


2 comments:

  1. you make it look beautiful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was beautiful Cheryl, honestly, I thought we were just going to have a sandwich! Although I am sure that one of your sandwiches would have been as glorious. Thank you so much I loved every minute of our day :)

    ReplyDelete