Saturday 22 June 2013

Minestrone and Pear Gorgonzola & Maple Glazed Walnut Salad - Saturday June 22nd 2013

I'm still trying to pretend it is summer..... and that I am somewhere in the Mediterranean.  It is not really working but this dinner can only help..

Italy as a starter..... Minestrone first, easy in the pressure cooker, longer cooking veg with pancetta and canellini beans first, then the quicker cooking green beans and peas, and the soup pasta for another 10 mins. I used the spinach raw stirred into the hot soup like a herb at the end so it doesn't go slimey.





Then a salad that I am not sure where it would come from, probably somewhere to the north of France, though I am using Gorgonzola so will pretend it is further south. It is a reprise of the Pear and Gorgonzola salad I had a couple of weeks ago, but I glazed the walnuts with maple syrup. 

Oh yes!! yummy.... 







No comments:

Post a Comment