Saturday 19 May 2018

Lamb Kebabs - Friday 18th May

Yummy lamb kebabs. My favourite for a sunny day!

I usually interleave the cubes of lamb with onions and red and yellow peppers, but I've found onions to be really bad for my digestion since I had my gall bladder out. The flavour of them is fine if I don't eat the actual onion and some types are better than others, spring onions for example. But the normal yellow onions... oh dear.

So Bob got the onions, I got some of the flavour from the marinade. I chop everything up and marinate for a few hours in lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, seasoned just with salt. You could add cumin in there too, if you like, but I find it masks the flavour of the lamb a bit.

Onto skewers, alternating all the different bits, and slammed under the grill for 15 mins or so, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely singed on all the edges.

p.s. isn't singed a strange word when it's written down? I always envisage slightly charred food singing away at the top of its voice. But then I'm known to be a bit odd...


No comments:

Post a Comment