Wednesday 24 April 2013

Orzo Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs.. The Sun Shone Today! Tuesday April 23rd 2013

It was a lovely day , sunny not too windy, I even got into the garden for a bit of tidying up.

Which exhausted me as I'm still a bit flu-ridden, so I then couldn't be doing with making elaborate dinner. So I raided the cupboards and the fridge and produced a plate of salad.



Orzo is a rice shaped pasta that is wonderful in soup, but also makes delicious pasta salad. The trick is to make sure it isn't overcooked, and to strain it into cold water to cool so it doesn't go puddinglike. Then when it is lukewarm dress with a balsamic vinaigrette and add any herbs and vegetables you fancy.  I had red onion, grated carrot, mint and parsley in mine, along with some cubes of Doux de Montagne cheese..

And I had just a nice little half portion left over in the fridge for lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment