Monday 3 September 2012

5:2 Feast day Thursday August 30th 2012

“The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday - but never jam today"
"It must come sometime to jam today" Alice objected.
"No it can't"  said the Queen. " It's jam every other day. Today isn't any other day, you know”


That was the old dieting days, and the main reason I could never stick them for very long. That sense that tomorrow would NEVER come. That I would never have jam again. But now on the 5:2 diet, I DO have jam tomorrow.

The feast days of tomorrow are what make the fast days bearable to be honest... Just to be able to say "don't worry, you can have that tomorrow" and "yes, you can make more cakes tomorrow" is amazing.

So what is surprising is that I don't go mad on my feast days. The mere fact that I CAN should I so wish is enough for me. I don't count on my feast days, so I have no idea how much I am eating, but the scales are going down (albeit slowly) which is more than has happened for many a month now.

I didn't take pics everyday this week for some reason (not been feeling very excited by life this week, so perhaps it was that) but I have found a couple for you.

Thursday August 30th
Home made quiche with cannellini beans salad and green salad


Simple quiche of chopped smokey bacon with cheddar and red onions in an egg and single cream custard.  You will see that the custard is rather thin. That is because I forgot that my new oven has a ridge along the front of the hob, so when I took the blindbaked quiche case out to put the filling in, I put it on the top as I always have done. Poured the filling in. Which promptly flowed out the other side all over the hob. Oops. And no more cream left so no more filling to be made. Oh what the heck. I threw it in the oven and it was fine.

Just rather thin.

The cannellini beans are an old favourite salad. Runner beans or (as here) fine green beans cooked through, tossed in a vinaigrette with lots of shallots in, and then a drained can of cannellini beans added when they have cooled down.


No comments:

Post a Comment