Friday 18 November 2011

Fish and rice... and more fish and rice...

You may have noticed (or more probably not...) that I haven't been here for ages..

My poor mum has been in hospital having broken her hip, and the stress of worrying about her seems to have brought on a gallstone problem for me.

So my diet has been rather boring. I find that I can't have much fat in any day at all. Saturated fat in particular doesn't do my gallbladder any favours, so I have been largely keeping my fat allowance for a square or two of chocolate with my afternoon coffee.

Which leaves me with a rather limited choice of food for dinner.  I have found that white meat is okish, but that fish is the better way to go. With rice rather than potatoes. Ho Hum.

This does limit my choices. And makes for a rather boring picture. So I have only a few to show you from these last few weeks.

You will notice that I am using a lot of fruit vinegars at the moment, they don't seem to affect my insides, and are fat free and very delicious. Try some! 

Griddled Tuna with Orange and Mace Dressing from Womersley Vinegars , parsley rice, green beans and peas
Ceviche of Trout , Rice Vermicelli salad with Tiger Prawns & home made Grapefruit Vinegar, with crunchy julienne vegetables, dressed in lime juice and coriander
Pan Fried Mackerel Fillets dressed in Golden Raspberry & Apache Chili dressing with Wild Rice and Green Beans.




And I also made some Chicken and Mushroom soup to have something to eat at lunchtime, butter being out, so sandwiches rather boring...


No comments:

Post a Comment