Tuesday 3 July 2012

Picota Cherry & Greek Yoghurt dessert - Saturday 30th June 2012

I love cherries, and I think that the English season is going to be appallingly bad this year due to the cold and rain.  So I am delighting in the crisp juicy Picota cherries from Spain.

 I was sent a gift sample, which I wolfed down, and ran straight to Morrison's to get some more.  Simply stoned, with raspberries and blueberries, a sprinkling of some sloe vodka I made last year (use any liqueur you fancy, kirsch is good & so is plain old sherry)  and a fat dollop of delicious Total Greek Yoghurt with flaked almonds.


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks amazing and so easy to do - yum! Lynne I'm interested to know what Total Greek Yoghurt tastes like...so I'm gonna give this a go.

    Pssst whilst training last week - I was buying two punnet of Picota Cherries, one for the fresh produce managers to try & one for me to scoff on through the day :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Total hits the mark for me, the other yoghurts that say they are Greek are often only Greek Style, with added cream. Total do a 0% Greek yoghurt that I love, and use most of the time. It is creamy but not cloying, and has no preservatives or additives. I adore it.

      Hark at me! you'd think I was a paid ambassador wouldn't you! (I'm not btw.. just an avid fan! )

      Delete
    2. oh and did you see the Dominic bet me I couldn't eat the gift box in 20 minutes... hahaha I think it took about 10...

      Delete